Pizza may be the ultimate food Iâd be perfectly content subsisting positioned on pizza, forever. Alas, my children would most likely jump on my situation big-time basically did this, and so i must content myself with eating pizza only part-time, while doing all I’m able to to higher the lives of individuals who get this to ultimate Food from the Gods â Iâm speaking aboutÂ you, pizza parlors!
Instead of consuming a sizable stuffed-crust pizza, alone, my pizza-related activity for today is penning this blog postÂ on the very best cloud-based POS software systems for pizzerias.Â
PizzaÂ POSâs typically come packed with must-have features likeÂ EMV compliance, raw component tracking, and the opportunity to input complicated pizza orders effortlessly. Some cloud pizza POS systems (mmm, âcloud pizzaâ â¦ that sounds good) offer some sweet extras like onlineÂ ordering and delivery options.
In the following paragraphs, Iâll review the merits and shortcomings of fourÂ pizza-friendly POSâs â Shopkeep, Clover Station, Toast, and RevelÂ â that will help you discover which one is right for your pizza business.
For those who have any ideas on my small choices, we are able to discuss individuals within the comments. Or we’re able to just talk about pizza, that might be awesome too.
- Runs solely on iOS 7 (apple ipad 2 or newer), iPhone, and iPad Small
- Web-based with offline functionality (can continue to process payments if internet is out)
- Integrates with many payment processors also provides its very own integrated Shopkeep Payments processing
- Raw component tracking
- Onscreen tipping
- EMV-compliant register accepts nick cards and Apple Pay
- Optional peripheral hardware for sale
- Excellent customer care
The additional toppings (some nifty extras this POS offers):
- Open check functionality
- Tip later feature along with other tipping options
- Tableside orderingÂ â Waiters may take orders at tables and send them digitally towards the kitchen
- Customer management with e-mail marketing
- Worker management
ShopKeep, est. 2010, is really a solid all-around iPad POS for retail and restaurants. This POS is extremely affordable at $49/register/month, and it is quite advanced for any mobile POS. ShopKeep comes with an intuitive, easy-to-use interface having a short learning curve, so itâs easy to put it together and begin using.
EMV-compliant ShopKeep is among the best POSâs for medium and small companies, even though it wasnât made particularly for pizza, it’s usefulÂ pizza features, for example raw component tracking. The machine is extremely scaleable and customizable. Pizzerias can set their system up to enable them to, for instance, add different toppings and calculate individuals in to the total cost of the pizza.
Additionally to the versatility, reliability is yet another advantage of ShopKeep. Its offline functionality helps to ensure that youâll still have the ability to run charge card transactions even when your online connection goes lower, and in case you do have trouble, ShopKeep works difficult to repair it for you personally, because of their top-notch customer care.
An additional advantage is the fact that ShopKeep integrates with numerousÂ payment processors, enabling you to use your chosen a merchant account providerÂ (or use their very own in-house payment processing, that provides decent, fair rates).
While ShopKeep is really a perfectly appropriate POS for many pizza parlors, inÂ a perfect world, ShopKeep would come with a couple of more features for pizza. For instance, you can handle inventory in the component level, however, you canât specify the system of measure. Even though the machine could be customized for any pizzeria, it doesnât possess a pre-built âpizza moduleâ with features like delivery tracking an internet-based ordering.
Overall, most pizzerias will discover this to become a high-quality POS, whether youâre a takeout pizza shop or perhaps a full-fledged bar and restaurant. There is also some awesome back-office functionalities like customer tracking and e-mail marketing integration.
Learn more about ShopKeep within our ShopKeep review.
- Web-based POS with offline functionality
- Robust mobile register hardware retails for around $1,000
- Vertically integrated payment processing â Should be offered with credit card merchant account
- FeesÂ depending on vendor â Charge card processing rates can vary between .30% + 5Â¢ to two.5% + 15Â¢ Monthly service charge (including 24/7 customer care) typically about $40-$50/month
- EMV-compliant if you buy a Clover-enabled FD40 PIN Pad (together with companion application) to simply accept EMV and mobile payments
- Raw component inventory tracking
- Worker management â Workers can clock out and in while using system
- Display that swivels around so customers can sign off on screen (and add tips in the room)
- Pizza Builder application ($18.95/month) enables you to definitely add toppings to quarters, halves or even the whole pizza easily select double, triple and lightweight toppings add pickup or delivery options â Note Cloverâs disclaimer, though: This application is made for Quick Service Restaurant Applications, it’s presently not suggested for fine dining or table service.
- Option with an additional kitchen printer
Clover Station is yet another web-based âmobileâ POS, though its model is exclusive. Clover doesnât use iPads â or other kind of consumer tablet, for instance. Clover Station uses Cloverâs streamlined, proprietary POS hardware. The display looks and processes much like an iPad or tablet, when you are made exclusively for POS purposes, her benefit of being impervious to OS updates that may potentially hinder business-critical functions of other mobile-based POSes.
Clover should be offered with a free account, and every bank or a merchant account provider who sells it could offer different swipe charges and hardware costs. Which means you could possibly negotiate competitive prices. With this stated, Clover Station will most likely set you back greater than ShopKeep, particularly if you use many apps (much more about the apps inside a sec).
Just like another pizza POS systems on the list, Clover Station is really a complete restaurant POS with a lot of helpful functions for convenient-serve and full-fledged restaurants, including various choices for tipping, tabs, and toppings. For instance, new products could be produced without or with variants and become offered with a fixed or variable cost, or priced per unit (oz, g, kg, lb).
The Clover POS is ultra-customizable â it comes down out-of-the-box with fundamental POS functionality, and also you use apps, typically purchased using a fee every month, from Cloverâs application sell to add some specific features you’ll need. Cloverâs âPizza Builderâ application offers several helpful functions for convenient-serve pizzerias (see list above).
Like ShopKeep, Clover Station comes with an intuitive design and it is super easy to setup and begin using. Clover Station is just a couple years of age, but to date people appear to love it and also the comments are generally positive. This marketing video includes a testimonial from the pizza shop who uses Clover Station may be useful if youâre thinking about this POS.
To learn more, you are able to make reference to our Clover Station POS review. You could also want to look at Clover Small, a lighter-weight, portable form of Clover Station which provides you with the choice to simply accept mobile payments and operates on 3G/4G additionally to Wireless. However, Clover Small doesn’t offer the Pizza Builder application, therefore the set of features isn’t as strong.
- Operates on Samsung Android devices
- Prices starts at $100/month, plus $50/mn for every additional terminal
- Web-based with offline functionality
- In-house payment processing (canât make use of an outdoors credit card merchant account)
- EMV-compliant terminals accept cash, check, gift certificates, charge cards and mobile payments
- Includes 24/7 customer care from the US-based tech support
The additional toppings:
- Online ordering and delivery (extra $50/mn)
- Mobile loyalty rewards program (extra $25/mn)
- Digital and physical gift certificates (extra $50/mn)
- Real-time menu management
- Robust sales reports
- Worker management system
Toast is an additional excellent web-based POS that work well for pizza parlors of any size. Unlike another pizza POS software systems on the list, Toast was built particularly for food service. This POS and restaurant management system runs solely on Android devices, which provides ToastÂ a a bit more versatility when compared with its iPad-based counterparts, and helps make the hardware a littleÂ more affordable, too. Toast POS uses hardwired terminals with handheld tableside ordering tablets and kitchen displays (learn more about Toast’s hardware here).
Some awesome functions of the POS include the opportunity to improve your menu online, offer digital or printed receipts, and supply customized tip percentage options during customer transactions. Online ordering is yet another big perk if you would like that functionality. The machine is feature-wealthy but simple to understand, having a straightforward, intuitive interface.
Toast offers its very own in-house, integrated payment processing, and that means you canât make use of your own a merchant account provider. Toast offers to match rates of the current a merchant account provider, but if you wish to make use of a specific outdoors payment processor, this isn’t the POS for you personally. Toast is another little pricier than a few of the other available choices on the list.
What really sets this technique aside from other similar POSâs is Toastâs unbeatable, fully US-based customer care. Despite the fact that itâs a more recent system (established this year) plus they donât have a lot of customers at this time, weâre confident recommending Toast according to their phenomenal support, additionally for their robust set of features.
YetÂ another upside to usingÂ Toast is you can set your charge card authorization to continually process as though it were offline, to be able to print customer receipts without awaiting official authorization. This can be a little dangerous, obviously, but time saving if you have a type of hungry customers.
Discover more about Toast by studying our Toast POS review.
- Web-based with offline functionality
- Prices starts at $119/mn for just one register another $70/month for second register and +$40/mn for every register next
- Integrates with multiple payment processors â Includes gateways USAePay, FreedomPay, NewTek, and Index, and payment processors Mercury Payment Systems, LevelUp, FirstData, yet others
- Advanced component-level inventory tracking
- Integrates with a multitude of peripheral POS hardware
The additional toppings:
- Pizza POS module with delivery management and much more
- On the internet and mobile ordering
- Digital menu board
- Kitchen display system
- Cashiers can set orders to-go or delivery
- Tableside ordering
- Open API
- Customer-facing display
- Worker management
Finally we’ve Revel Systems, an extensive cloud-based POS having a truly exhaustive group of features. Revel has a lot of cleverÂ features and integrations,Â and can become your POS of preference if you would like options like delivery management an internet-based pizza ordering. You may also track your delivery motorists as if you would an Uber driver.
Revel has been available since 2010 and contains many satisfied customers within the food industry, because of features varying using their digital menu board for their open API. You are able to develop Revelâs functionality using its application marketplace â Revel also lately announced it might begin to build branded mobile phone applications for retailers. Highly-scaleable Revel may even work with enterprise-level food service companies and counts Popeyes Chicken and Arbyâs among its customers.
Whether it were just for their tricked-out set of features, I could possibly say this really is for sure the âbest POS for pizza parlors.â However, Iâd be remiss as well as their negative reviews â and you will find a lot.
Lots of Revel users complain regarding their complex, extended setup process. The machine also offers a high learning curve. On the top of this, some customers have reported system downtime and slow customer care for complex issues (for example issues with hardware). Though these encounters donât always reflect the typical consumer experience, customer reviewsÂ are certainly something to bear in mind when selecting a pizza POS.
You will discover much more about the Revel POS within our Revel Systems review.
Which Pizza POS If You Undertake?
ShopKeep, Clover Station, Toast, and Revel are terrific, scaleable, EMV-ready POSâs that really work for small companies, including pizza parlors.
Here’s just a little recap which you will perform best for the pizzeria, based on your requirements:
ShopKeep — AffordableÂ iPad POSÂ can useÂ your selection of payment processor
Clover Station — Ultra-customizableÂ all-in-one POS with pizza “app” for convenient-serveÂ sold with credit card merchant account
Toast — Â Restaurant-specific, feature-packed AndroidÂ POS with internet ordering and deliveryÂ options must use their in-house payment processing
Revel Systems — Complete iPad POS with internet ordering and delivery options selection of payment processors
Finally, if you want further assistanceÂ choosing POSÂ softwareÂ for your pizzeria, we will help you with this, too.Â
The publish Best POS Systems for Pizza Parlors made an appearance first on Merchant Maverick.